Creamy, saucy, vegan pasta bake.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Cashew cheese (I used my own, see here for the recipe)
- Half a cup of frozen peas
- 1 Brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup of water
- 1 Tbsp of oil
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta (I used penne but almost any will work)
- Two large pots
- Chopping board
- Measuring utensils
- Lasagna tray
- Preheat your oven to 180℃.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add the pasta and half-cook.
- Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and fry in half a tbsp of olive oil with the garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Add the green peas
- Add the cashew cheese.
- Slowly add the water until you have a thick, but running consistency.
- Cook for 5 minutes, continuing to add water if necessary.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the half cooked pasta.
- Lightly grease a lasagna dish.
- Pour the pasta mix into the dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 30 minutes, or until the top starts to brown slightly.