In Australia we have something thing called a ‘potato cake’. They’re very unhealthy but very delicious! Generally they’re vegan, but sometimes they’re made with dairy products, or cooked in animal oil. So I tend to avoid them just incase.
This is my own giant, vegan, potato cake. I can’t promote it as a healthy treat, but I can certainly vouch for its tastiness!
- 1 Large white potato, grated
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- ½ Tsp garlic powder
- ½ Tsp salt
- ½ Tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsps chickpea flour
- 1 Tbsp cassava flour
- 3 Tbsps water
- Dash of olive oil
- Mixing bowl
- Measurement utensils
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir and set aside.
- Wash, peel and grate the potato.
- Add the potato, and water to the mixing bowl and combine with dry ingredients.
- Mix to combine.
- Put a dash of olive oil in a pan over low-medium heat.
- Pour the potato mixture into the pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then flip to the other side.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately!