Recently I have been experimenting with creating warm vegan snacks, this recipe is the result of my experimenting! The mandioca flour makes them deliciously chewy and the corn water makes them a nice and sweet.
- 4 Tbsps Chickpea Flour
- 2 Tbsps Mandioca Flour
- ½ Tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Spring Onion, chopped
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Dash Salt
- 1 Dash Pepper
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 300g Can of Corn
- Mixing Bowl
- Food processor
- Stirring Spoon
- Measuring utensils
- Drain the can of corn, keeping the liquid in a separate cup and set aside.
- Add the drained corn to a food processor, blend and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, spices, spring onion, salt and pepper and mix.
- Add half of the liquid from the can of corn to the mixing bowl and mix.
- The mixture should be dough like and sticky enough to form balls that hold together. If it is too dry, add some more of the corn water, if it is too wet, add extra chickpea flour.
- In a pan, over medium heat, add a dash of oil.
- Take bits of the mixture into your hands forming balls (slightly smaller than golf balls), and place them in the pan.
- Fry lightly on each side, until they turn slightly brown.
- Remove from heat and serve with tomato chutney or vegan mayonnaise!