Have I said before that I love chickpeas? They are so versatile and are tasty just on their own! Play around with this recipe, add different spices and veggies. Turmeric and pepper go nicely.
- 1 Cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 Cup Water
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Spring Onions, sliced
- 2cm Piece of Ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, very finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- Handful Coriander, roughly chopped
- Dash Olive Oil
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring utensils
- Chopping board
- Add the chickpea flour, salt and spices to a mixing bowl, stir.
- Add the water and mix with a fork until all the ingredients are combined.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables by chopping the garlic, chilli, ginger, spring onion and coriander.
- Add the vegetables to the chickpea flour mixture.
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a pan over low heat.
- Ladle the mixture into the pan, pouring the mixture into the centre, allowing it to naturally form a pancake shape.
- Flip the pancake once you see the edges turning a little brown (or after about 2 minutes).
- Cook for a further 2 minutes, remove from the pan, set aside on a plate and repeat until all of the mixture is gone.