My favourite nut spread and a creamy peanut butter alternative.
- 3 cup, Almonds (Raw).
- 0.25 teaspoon, Salt.
- 0.25 tsp, Ground Cinnamon.
- 0.50 tsp, Vanilla extract.
- 1.50 tbsp, Coconut oil.
- 0.50 tbsp, Agave or maple syrup.
- 0.50 cup Water.
- Food processor.
- Oven tray.
- Baking paper.
- Jar for storage.
- Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Spread the almonds over a baking paper lined baking tray.
- Put the almonds in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring them after 5.
- Let the almonds cool for about 10 minutes, until they’re warm.
- Put the almonds in the food processor.
- Blend until they become a creamy consistency, pausing to scrape down the sides as necessary. (you will think that it wont blend, but it will – it just takes some time!)
- The almonds will go from flour clumps, to a ball, keep scraping down the sides and breaking up the ball). Eventually it will become creamy.
Note, if the mixture gets too hot, turn the processor off and let it cool down.
- When the almonds are smooth and creamy, add the salt, cinnamon, vanilla essence, coconut oil and agave / maple syrup.
- Blend the ingredients through the almond butter.
- Cool the almond butter to room temperature.
- Then put the mixture into a jar and screw on the lid.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.