This recipe creates soft potato, and succulent eggplant. It is simple, healthy, tasty and can be served as a main or a side.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 eggplant (aubergine)
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp ground nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp paprika (optional)
- Chopping board
- Baking paper
- Measuring utensils
- Baking tray
- Pre heat your oven to 180℃.
- Chop the eggplant and sweet potato into round circles, roughly 1-2cm thick.
- Line your baking tray with baking paper and grease lightly with olive oil.
- Lay the eggplant and sweet potato out into rows on the tray (do not place pieces on top of each other, use multiple trays if required).
- Spread roughly half a teaspoon of olive oil on each piece.
- Sprinkle the coriander, paprika and nutritional yeast onto all of the pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place your tray into the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Your eggplant and sweet potato should be slightly browned when they are ready.
- To serve, layer the vegetables on a plate: potato, eggplant, potato eggplant and repeat until you have around 6 layers.
- Garnish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
The final product!