I created this recipe while in Bangkok for Christmas, experimenting making desserts without an oven and without my usual supermarket selection!
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- A dash of water
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- 6 crushed Oreos
- 1/2 a tablespoon vegan butter (olive spread, sunflower spread etc. any will do!)
- 50g dark chocolate (I used Lindt swisse classic dark chocolate, but any will do!)
- 3/4 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 table spoons maple syrup
- 1x small pot
- 1x heat proof bowl, big enough to sit on the pot, with enough room for water to boil underneath it without the water touching the bowl
- 1x spoon
- 2x plates
- 1x mixing bowl
- Grease a plate with the vegan butter (or you can line a plate with baking paper) and set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, add oats, flour, crushed Oreos, sugar, maple syrup, peanut butter and a dash of water.
- Mix ingredients together with your hands. The mixture should be sticky enough to make balls that don’t fall apart.
Nb. if the mixture isn’t sticky enough, add more maple syrup, or water. If you add too much, then add some more oats.
- Make balls, roughly 3/4 the size of a golf ball and place them on the non-greased plate.
- Bring a pot of water to simmer.
- Sit your heat proof bowl on the pot.
- Add the block of chocolate, sugar, a tablespoon of vegan butter.
- Stir chocolate and sugar until chocolate has almost completely melted.
- Add coconut cream.
- Continue to stir, careful to not let the chocolate burn, until everything has melted and you have a smooth texture.
- Add one ball at a time to the melted chocolate mixture and coat completely.
- Place the chocolate covered balls on your pre-greased plate.
- Repeat until all the balls are chocolate coated.
- Place your plate into the fridge.
- Once the chocolate has hardened your balls are ready to eat!
Chocolate melting in progress!
Chocolate melting with coconut cream – yum!